Wednesday, February 20, 2008

First Entry

Holy Toledo- That was way simple. No wonder the net is loaded with gazallions of blogs.
I believe I'm supposed to limit my commentarty to my experience with web 2.0. Too bad. I would have explained why I called my blog TechnoTundra and expounded on my thoughts on technology, it's appropriate application, and the distinction between technology and content, but alas...

The instructions were to note the easiest and hardest of the 7 and a half Learning Habits. The hardest for me, depending on the deadline, is seeing problems as challenges. If I am under a deadline then I tend to experience technolgy, software, etc, that I need to learn as a problem.
If there isn't a pressured deadline then I enjoy learning, and it's a challenge. The easist? Confidence as a competent and effective learner. I know I have the ability to learn new things and if it's something I'm interested in, or promises to be useful for me in my work, I enjoy spending the time learning. Note the 'spending the time' line. If the time is there to learn unpressured - all is good; if not, then the technolgy better be intuitive and work as promised or suffer Floyd's verbal abuse.

For example- Blogger's spell check isn't working, and I can't copy the text in this window and paste it in Word to spell check there. Bloogger is operated by Google and has more money then the Pope and #*&#*%#...

your friend and mine

Floyd

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, I'll bite - why techno tundra? It really is okay to add snippets of insight. Remember this is a self guided learning experience, so it's pretty open-ended.

Abuela said...

Yeah, me too. Why TechnoTundra? It's certainly not barren, devoid of varied life forms. Love your Monk Seal pic. Would like to see more but understand if you have a rich and full life elsewhere.